The "sunny Meran terrace" is a very popular hiker's paradise in summer. Several hiking trails start right outside our front door.
You will find routes for every taste all around Hafling: From easy to moderately difficult, from long loop hikes to panoramic trails, to demanding summit tours with secured or partly secured via ferratas. Of course, many hiking trails on our high plateau are also ideal Nordic walking routes. And if you just want to take a relaxing family hike, we recommend a trip to the play areas and the petting zoo at Piffinger Köpfl in the Meran 2000 ski area.
Riding vacations in Hafling
Last but not least, Hafling is where the Haflinger horse originated, the blond horses which are so well suited for mountain regions like ours, with their calm temperament and their robust constitution. What would you think about getting into the saddle at the next riding stable and taking a ride through alpine pastures?
Our summer highlights
- Hiking tip no. 1: Start right from our farm to the Stagno Sulfner Weiher pond and continue from there to St. Kathrein church. Return via Pizzeria Platzl and then up to the Platterhof.
- Hiking tip no. 2: Take the route to the village and visit the Wurzer Alm Inn, for example.
- Hiking tip no. 3: Climb directly from the farm to the Meran 2000 ski area and there take any route you wish.
- Swing into the saddle – Haflinger horses await you at the Sulfner riding stable (just 1.7 km away).
- Experience the summer blossoms in the botanical gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle in the spa town of Meran.
Above the clouds
Climb on the via ferrata high above Meran in South Tyrol.
Falzebener Str. 29
I-39010 Hafling (BZ)
South Tyrol Location